Hell Roarin' Print Shop

Hell Roarin' Print Shop
1897 Chandler & Price at the Museum's Print Shop

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Teaching people to print + I bought some really beat up wood type

So at the IBRC we have been doing an open studio night on Wednesdays from 7-9pm called "Wayzgoose Wednesday".

A Wayzgoose as defined by Edmund C. Arnold's book Ink On Paper 2 is a: "sentimental gathering of printers or other graphic arts people."

This is a time where members of the community can come work on independent projects alongside other printmakers (like myself). I've done a few crash courses in letterpress and Buttecians seem to be totally loving it, I am too!

Here are Rob and Colin working on the line-o-scribe
Here is their version of the poster, really excellent color choices

And this is the version that I printed later, with a loud rainbow roll

I recently scoured eBay and bought this really beat up wood type. You can see that most of the type is caked in dried ink and that the counters of the type are horrific. I'm hoping with some serious TLC and probably some stinky chemicals that I can salvage these letters. PRESERVATION THROUGH PRODUCTION. That's the motto here at the Hell Roarin' Residency.








I'll post before and after pictures once I've tackled this project.

-Christa

No comments:

Post a Comment