Hell Roarin' Print Shop

Hell Roarin' Print Shop
1897 Chandler & Price at the Museum's Print Shop

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Rollers for the C&P should be getting fixed soon!


A typography piece that is in progress
I'm finding so many halftone plates that I want to print that have dogs in them. This one is a proud mama with her puppies. The gentlemen in the photo look equally as proud!

This tropical location halftone plate has me so curious as to how and why it ended up in a print shop in Butte, MT. If anyone knows, please comment below!

Projects have been piling up for me this week! I'm prepping for a workshop this Saturday Feb 13th at the Imagine Butte Resource Center from Noon-3pm that focusing on printing Valentine's Day cards. We'll be letterpress printing, block printing, and making some monotypes and trace monotypes (at least that's my goal, who knows if we'll be able to do all those processes!) Check out the FB event page here https://www.facebook.com/events/1533148403649297/ or contact me at Christa.Carleton@gmail.com for more info.

I've heard AMAZING news from the Director of the Museum that the rollers for the Chandler & Price should be getting refurbished soon! So I'd like to leave you with this short video of a working press that is similar in age to the one at the Hell Roarin Gulch, it is from 1885 while ours is from 1897.  In the near future our press will be running just as smoothly :)

Watch Here →  https://vimeo.com/63459690

-Christa 

No comments:

Post a Comment