Hell Roarin' Print Shop

Hell Roarin' Print Shop
1897 Chandler & Price at the Museum's Print Shop

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Proofing: the best way to really know what you're looking at

I think I have finally rummaged through the entire collection of cuts and halftone plates at the World Museum of Mining, but I'm definitely not 100% familiar with the collection. Each time I open a case that houses theses images I discover one that didn't catch my eye last time; I find this to be totally exhilarating.

The images below are quick proofs of the current batch of plates that enticed me into printing them. It is sometimes hard to really know what these images look like until you ink them up and print them on paper. With most of the halftone plates I've been having good luck printing them with damp paper or on a paper that has a semi-slick coating (like a glossy card stock or bristol). It's fun to be learning new things about printmaking through making.














The IBRC & WMM are amazing and I'm really enjoying my time here as an artist in residence. I am so transfixed with Butte America and I'm glad I'll be living here for months to come. I have so many ideas for prints I want to make and probably not enough time!

Cheers!
-Christa



No comments:

Post a Comment